Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Linkedin and ALA Conference!

I recently asked my former advisor on how I can increase my chances of getting a job working in a library and he suggested I use Linkedin. I've since then just updated my professional profile on LinkedIn to further highlight my job experiences and background. Connect with me and view my profile! 


I'm also very excited that I'll be able to attend the ALA conference this year because it is in Chicago! This is the perfect chance to get more acclimated with the field of Library Science. I've decided that I'm also going to work on my Masters in Library Science! I filled out my FAFSA and now I'm going to finally apply to the colleges I'm interested in. Two of my former professors said they would write me reference letters and my former advisor said he would also write me one! I'm very excited about my future career as a Children's Librarian. I am definitely following my dreams and I could not be more happy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment